This document is provided to give you information about us and details of how we handle your personal information.
BRDL Ltd T/A The Bike Trader is the data controller for the purposes of the use of the personal information you provide to us. Further information about how we use your personal information can be sought from our Data Protection Officer.
BRDL Ltd T/A The Bike Trader, Unit 7, Courtyard, 31 Pontefract Road, Normanton, West Yorkshire WF6 1JU
We are a company registered in England and Wales and our company registration number is 9684325
How and why we use your personal information
We will only ever process the personal information you provide us when we have your consent to do so. In addition to this, we may also process your personal data based on our legitimate interests in doing so. This means that we will use your personal information in the manner you would expect us to with regard to enhancing your user experience on our website. The data we hold will be made available to potential buyers and sellers for the purpose of a sale.
Where we have permission to do so, we may provide you with marketing material in relation to products and services we may offer, where we do provide this information we will always give you an easy method to stop receiving it in future.
We do not require your personal data to be provided to us further to any direct contractual requirement with us, however, if you do not consent to us processing it this will mean that we will not be able to facilitate the introduction of you as a potential buyer or seller on our website.
Categories of personal data
We will not process any special categories of personal data, that is, information that is sensitive such as:
- Ethnic origin;
Who will we pass your personal data to
We will never pass your personal data to third parties for any financial gain, however we will do so for the purposes of data management storage.
Who we may provide your personal data to
We will only ever provide third parties with your personal information where we need to do so for the purposes noted above and to facilitate the use of the website.
|List types of organisation in this column||List actual parties data shared with|
|Email Marketing System||Convertkit|
Details of transfers to third country and safeguards
Whilst our own data storage facilities are based in the UK, we may also use “Cloud” based data storage solutions to process your data. Where we make use of such storage, we will ensure that your personal data is kept safe. Where the Cloud provider transfers data outside of the European Economic Area, we will ensure that that Cloud provider only transfers personal data to countries with adequate data protection measures in place.
Retention of your personal data
We will ensure that we only retain your personal data for as long as we need to, specifically with regard to the reason you provided it to us in the first place. We will retain your personal data for 2 years and contact you just before the 2 year anniversary to advise us of your preferences in terms of keeping your data..
BRDL Ltd T/A The Bike Trader will process personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for. This includes the purpose of legal, accounting and reporting requirements, and for as long as necessary for the prevention and detection of any criminal activity.
Your rights with regard to your personal data
You have the right to the following with regard to your personal data:
- The right to object to processing, or to request we process your personal data for limited purposes
- The right to have your personal data removed from our records
- The right to have the details of your personal data amended if what we hold is wrong
- The right to have your personal data transported to another organisation
- The right to request a review of any automated decision making we use with regard to your finance application [remove if the data controller is not a regulated entity providing finance products]
- The right to be provided with copies of the personal data we hold about about you
You also have the right to withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data at any time. Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, or need any further information, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the contact details listed above
If you have any complaints with regard to our data processing practices, we will be happy to assist. In these circumstances, please contact the Data Protection Officer. If you are not satisfied with this, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (the UK regulator with regard to data protection). You may be so be calling 0303 123 1113 or visiting www.ico.org.uk
In order to place an advertisement on The Bike Trader website, you will need to register. We will require you to supply a username name, forename, surname, e-mail address and password. Once registered, you will also be required to supply your bicycle details and basic location information. Registrants are also presented with the option of supplying their mobile number to help buyers contact them.
Use of Information General
When you register with The Bike Trader, we ask you whether you would like to receive our email newsletters detailing changes to the site, offers and services from third party companies via email and that we feel may be of interest to you. You have the ability to opt-out of receiving all or any of these offers during registration. On occasions, The Bike Trader runs promotions in which personal information is collected. We will always ask you if you agree to this and advise you if this information may be shared with a third party. You will always be asked to provide your consent to this use by opting in.
We have taken measures to ensure that information supplied to us is held securely. As a consequence - we may occasionally request proof of identity before allowing access to your personal information.
Amendments and updates to this policy may be made from time to time. Any revisions will be posted on this page so you will always be aware of what information we collect.
Telephone numbers and email addresses supplied as part of an advert will be published on the website and for the duration the advert. This enables a potential buyer to contact the seller. Basic location information is collected in order to provide the positioning on each bicycle within our database, thereby enabling potential buyers to locate bicycles for sale.
Email addresses are collected in order to send registrants their chosen login details. You can access this information at any time (available within My Bike Shed section on the website) in order to update your details or change the option on whether they would like to receive communication from The Bike Trader or selected third parties. Other registration information is collected in order:
- To generate an overall audience profile of visitors using The Bike Trader website. This information is then used to assist in developing relevant content on the site as well as ensuring that bicycle trade advertisers looking to reach specific audience groups are encouraged to place their stock or promotions on the site.
- To provide our web site visitors with the option to receive The Bike Trader monthly email bulletin, as well as the option to receive email offers from selected third party companies that The Bike Trader believes may be of interest to them.
- To support our E-alerts functionality - whereby visitors to our site can store settings on bicycle searches and/or set up alerts to be notified (by email) - when a specified bicycle appears for sale on The Bike Trader website. Unless a visitor supplies their email address, we are unable to send such alerts.
- To support our ‘Social Networking’ functionality - whereby visitors to our site can send details of bicycles for sale to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
When you visit our website we issue a "cookie" or unique identification code that enables us to recognise your computer and store settings to help facilitate your use of our site. If your computer is configured to accept cookies we will be able to provide time saving functionality such as:
- the ability to pre-fill the search form with your basic information, thus preventing the need to re-input it each time you need to run a search.
- ready access to an online record on past advertisements you may have placed via the site.
- access to our E-alert functionality.
In addition, the cookie will enable The Bike Trader to better understand what you are interested in based on the pages you visit and the actions you take. This means that the adverts that will be served to you will be more relevant, and that you are more likely to receive highly relevant emails and offers if you have consented to hear from us. If your computer is cookie enabled, we are also able to limit the number of occasions you are exposed to certain display advertisements on our site (such as banners). Please note you need to enable cookies in your browser in order to place an advert. For further information on cookies or for details on how to delete them or refuse their installation on your computer, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/
- To enable the delivery of functionality that improves the ease and speed of using The Bike Trader web site (see above).
- To frequency cap display advertisements. By limiting advertisement exposure we provide a more compelling user experience for site visitors and also ensure that advertisements on The Bike Trader are more evenly spread across our user base.
- To enable us to track the relative demand for different types of bicycles on the site. Such information enables us to better target advertising at users searching for specific bicycles.
- To enable us to track the relative popularity of disparate parts of our site. This in turn enables us to concentrate our efforts on developing those parts of the site that are generating the greatest consumer demand.
Automatic Logging of Session Data
We automatically log generic information about your computer and your computer's connection to the Internet which we call "session data". Session data consists of things such as device information, IP address, operating system and browser software information, and the activities conducted by you while on our site. An IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet, such as our web servers, know where to send data back to the user, such as the pages of the site the user wishes to view. We collect session data because it helps us to analyse such things as what items visitors are likely to click on most, the way visitors are clicking through the site, how many visitors are surfing to various pages on the site, how long visitors to the site are staying and how often they are visiting. It also helps us diagnose problems with our servers and lets us better administer our systems. It is possible to determine from an IP address a visitor’s Internet Service provider (ISP) and the approximate geographical location of his or her point of connectivity. We may also use some session data, such as the pages you have visited on our site, to send you email messages focused on matters that you may be interested in, unless you have previously opted out of receiving such messages. We also use session data to help prevent fraud and unauthorised use of our site.
Offensive or Misleading Adverts or Content
If you notice any offensive or unsuitable adverts or content on thebiketrader.co.uk please email [email protected]